Monday, July 4, 2011

It's positive!

Thursday, May 12, 2011
I woke up at 4:00 am and needed to pee.  I knew I needed to take my pregnancy test first thing in the morning for optimal results, so I did.  I bought 50 pregnancy tests off Amazon.com, because I had gotten into the habit of taking one every day; sometimes twice a day :)

I was so used to seeing just the one line, tossing it in the trash and going along with my day, knowing that when I came home I could enjoy a nice cold beer with my neighbor.  Well.... there they were: the bright blue test line, and a teeny tiny, very faint, 2nd line.  WTF!?  My heart was racing and my hands were shaking.  Immediately I grabbed the digital pregnancy test that my best friend gave me (she had recently found out that she was pregnant!).  I needed confirmation.  Sure enough it read, "pregnant."  Pretty clear answer.

There were then so many thoughts and questions that raced through my head.  I had to figure out how to tell Clint!  He was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him up.  I laid back down in bed, but there was no way I could fall back asleep.  When I finally got up for work, I heard Clint move and check his phone.  Perfect opportunity!  I took him the positive pregnancy test, and of course, started crying before I could get the words out.  He knew immediately what was going on, and was thrilled!

We're going to have a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Aly, I just read your posts - from the most recent to the oldest. By the time I got to this one, I could barely read it through the tears and laughter. Aly, you are so sweet and I am so excited for y'all! I look forward to more posts so you can keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete