A few side effects of pregnancy:
- My feet have swollen and usually hurt terribly at the end of the day. I sit and wheel myself around in my rolling desk chair as much as possible, but with 21 third graders sometimes you have to be faster than they are! A rolling chair also isn't the best way to sneak up on them. (I have an awesome class this year, which I know is going to make it hard to leave them in January.)
- My fingernails look amazing! I wish I had these nails for my wedding!
- Last week I popped a blood vessel in my eye. I went to an eye doctor and he said that they don't know how it happens; it could be from bending over or rubbing my eye. Weight lifters tend to get them, but I'm pretty sure I am not a weight lifter :) I would post a picture of it, but it is pretty gross. Hopefully it will be better by Monday.
- My ring finger is starting to swell too. I think my wedding ring wearing days are numbered. I told Clint that it's almost time for him to take me to "The Wal-Marts" to buy a new ring. (you have to read that last sentence with a strong Texas accent)
- I have been getting indigestion regularly. I have never had indigestion in my life! My doctor recommended some OTC medicine that is helping.
- My doctor also recommended that I eat a bowl of ice cream every night! Yes! He wants me to gain more weight (I've gained 13 lbs. so far). I guess that's a good thing...
- When I squat down to get things from the refrigerator (or anything close to the floor), it is really, really hard to get back up. I am having to pull myself up using the counters or the coffee table.
- Putting on shoes has become interesting (and challenging). I am still trying to perfect this move.
- Getting up off the floor is also becoming a challenge! I usually have to roll over and bring my feet in one at a time to stand up. I will not be posting videos of any of these moves!
Here's my 21 week belly pic. Not too much of a change.
My mom, dad, Clint, and I all went to register last weekend while we were in Austin. I got hungry. Yes, that is a gigantic container of animal crackers!
My Aunt TARA sent us a snuggle nest for Sam. But, until he arrives Ponkey can use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment