Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Little Housework

I am so excited!  In the past week, we have gotten two things that I have wanted since moving into our house five years ago: solar screens and hardwood floors!  Yippee!!  Here are some before and after pictures.



Back of house before solar screens (I guess I could have picked up a bit!)


East side of house before solar screens.


Living room before solar screens.

Left screen goes up!

Middle screen goes up - it's getting darker!

Right screen goes up!  Room is quite a bit darker now.  My camera had to use the flash!

Finished!



After 1:00 pm we had to close all the blinds until 7 or so because it was so hot in the living room and kitchen.  It is at least 5-10 degrees cooler in now during the afternoon/early evening (with the blinds OPEN!)!  So awesome!


Now for the floors...

Living room before

Living room during

Living room after


Entry before

Entry during

Entry during
More entry during...


Moisture barrier goes down.

Starting to put down the floors.


Everything from the living room had to go in the kitchen!


Living room done!

Master bedroom before

Master bedroom before

After!

Closet before

Looking into the closet - before

Closet after

 

We are going to have to get Sammy some knee pads so he can crawl all over the place!

I am married, have a baby, hardwood floors, and solar screens.  Wow - I feel like a real adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment