Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking Glass

Since I have been pregnant I have broken 10+ glass items.  I have lost count.  Clint looked it up online and there is an old wives tale that it could be a sign of good luck.  I think I am just more clumsy.


The worst glass I broke was by far a half-full bottle of Goldschlager that rolled out of the freezer, crashed all over the kitchen floor, and took over an hour to fully clean up.  The other night I broke Buoy's dog bowl.  Luckily it slipped from my hands inside the sink while I was putting some water in it.  Clint was so sweet and just jumped up and said he would take care of it.  Thank goodness, because I was about to lose it.  I was so frustrated with myself.


A few nights later, a very, very small piece of glass that gotten stuck in our floor mats caught my toe and sliced me open.  I was able to grab a paper towel and hobble to a chair.  Unfortunately, my huge, giant, big fat pregnant belly was limiting my ability to bend over to reach my foot.  It was quite the sight.  I was home alone, blood squirting from my toe, and I couldn't decide if I should call my neighbor to come and get the glass out of my toe or if I could do it.  I couldn't go get tweezers because I would have tracked blood all over the house.  I kept at it, having to bend down for a few seconds and then sit back up to catch my breath.  I finally got it out though.


Pregnancy lessons I learned?  Try really hard not to injure my feet or toes, because I can not reach them anymore.  Use plastic whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment