Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Clint and I have this life-size mad scientist for Halloween named "Dr. Shivers."  He used to move his head and say spooky (really funny) sayings like, "Let's play a game. It's called, 'Fun With Electricity! hahaa!' or 'I need a victim, I...I...I... mean volunteer."  He is pretty awesome.  He also has a microphone hook up so you can talk for him.


The first year in our house I had him on the front porch on a motion sensor.  I knew someone was coming when we started talking!  Of course, the first trick-or-treater to come was a 3-year-old little girl who started bawling crying because she was scared of Dr. Shivers.  The parents also felt the need to give me a lecture on how he was "too scary" to have on the porch like that.  Oh, brother!


Now Dr. Shivers stands in our front window during the month of October.  Everyone who comes by the house does a double take trying to figure out why that strange man is always in the window!  Here is a picture of him from that first year.


So, this year for Halloween, I didn't tell Clint my costume.  Well, I dressed up as Dr. Shivers!!  Clint's face was priceless when I walked out.


Although the trick-or-treaters this year were few and far between, it was still fun to sit on the driveway, hand out candy, and watch the families come by to take pictures with Dr. Shivers and some of our other decorations.  It is also neat when people compliment the house.  We had one mom tell us that her son makes them drive by every day, just so he can see our decorations!


This Halloween also made us even more excited for next Halloween when we will have our own little trick-or-treater to dress up and take to pumpkin patches!


Hope you had a spooktacular Halloween too!


Other guests that love Dr. Shivers....
Jeff & Dr. Shivers

My parents & Dr. Shivers

No comments:

Post a Comment