Wednesday, December 28, 2011

37 weeks and counting

I have made it to 37 weeks and am officially considered "full term."  Whoo hoo!  Which means that little Sam can make his appearance any day now and be just fine :)  While this is very comforting news, it also makes this all seem to be happening so fast now.  WTF have we done!  I can not believe Clint and I will be parents any day now.

Even though my due date is January 16, my doctor said that as of today, I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Which technically means nothing, but I am progressing well, which is great news.  He said that he could take us up to labor and delivery today, break my water, and have a baby by tonight!  Again... WTF!  I think we will try to let Sam make the decision to come into our world (he won't be making many more for a long time).

I am also so thankful to have my mom here for the next few days.  She has helped get all the last minute things done and has been so much fun to have around!

1 comment:

  1. Aly, that is so cool. Congratulations to you and Clint. You will make wonderful parents. I still remember when you and I went on that cruise for your high school graduation, and the last night we were drinking margaritas (yes, I know, you were only 18) and I asked you if you ever wanted kids and you said "yes, I know that I want kids because I want the chance to be as great a mom to my kids as my mom was to me". I have always thought that was so sweet and I know that your wish will come true. So we are T minus 18 days and counting, right? love you lots, TARA

    ReplyDelete